1. I am participating in yoga classes, health programs, workshops and/or other wellness, body work, therapy, exercise and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by Heights Yoga Project and/or its owners, managers, teachers, workshop presenters, employees and independent contractors (collectively, the “Studio”).
2. I recognize that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities may require intense physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I recognize that the Activities may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Studio reserves the right to refuse my participation in any Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
3. I am aware that my participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that I could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries as a result of my participation in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in any Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio, including those which may result from the negligence of the Studio.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against the Studio, its owners, managers, teachers, instructors, workshop presenters, employees, independent contractors and staff (each, a “Released Party”) that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio even if the Claim arises from the negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. “Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Party.
7. I hereby understand that the Studio from time to time may photograph, video, or otherwise record classes or events occurring at its studios and place such photographs and videos on its Website and Social Media accounts. I hereby consent to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
8. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Michigan and that all actions, suits, claims and proceedings relating to this agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Michigan. In case any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision of this agreement and this agreement shall be construed as if such provision had never been contained herein. I acknowledge that I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.
9. I grant permission to Heights Yoga Project and its employees the irrevocable and unrestricted right to reproduce the photographs and/or video images taken of me, for the purpose of publication, promotion, illustration, advertising, or trade, in any manner or in any medium. I hereby release Heights Yoga Project and its legal representatives for all claims and liability relating to said images or video. Furthermore, I waive my right to any compensation unless previously agreed upon.
Terms & Conditions:
Heights Yoga Project would rather have you come to class than not come. Our instructors will lock the back entrance door at the start of class time. If you are running 5-10 minutes late, we encourage you to come and enter around the front, leave your shoes at the door, and roll out your mat quietly.
All classes must have two (2) or more students PRE-REGISTERED one hour prior to scheduled class start time in order to run. If we have fewer than two (2) students registered one hour before class starts, the class may be canceled at the studio’s discretion, and a credit for the canceled class will be issued to your account.
If you cancel your class later than one hour prior to the start of class, you will be charged a $7 Late Cancel/No Show fee.
All purchases are final, and are non-refundable. In the event that extenuating circumstances present themselves, and you feel a refund is justified—email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org and present your situation. If a refund is justified, it will be issued in the form of studio credit or a refund to the card used to make the purchase. The decision to refund (or not) and in which manner will always be at the discretion of the studio.
All students MUST have a completed Liability Waiver on file before participating/attending any class or event hosted by the studio.